Wednesday 22 October 2008

Kaiserdom Weizenland Weissbier Dunkel

Kaiserdom Weizenland Weissbier Dunkel. What a mouthful! Although the label makes it look like Weizenland is a sub-brand, I've given it its full title. This is the third Kaiserdom beer I have tried following the Pilsener and the Alt-Bamberg Dunkel (wonderful!).

This is an oaky-amber with the trademark Weissbier fluffy head. It is possibly one of the most clovey Weissbier aromas I have encountered, with a faintly fruity background. Banana flavours are there aplenty, but unfortunately the cloves don't come out so much in the taste. Underneath this is a slightly diluted maltiness. Sounds bad, but it's actually ok. Just ok mind!

This is a very easy drinking Weissbier, but it does get a bit sweet near the end, edging towards overripe bananas. When I visit Kaiserdom I'll be going for the Alt-Bamberg Dunkel.

No comments: