Thursday 4 December 2008

Brauerei & Gaststätte Greifenklau

Back to regular programming after the Ireland trip! A quicky this time before I go back to making lists of gifts I need to buy.

One of the last from my first Bamberg Box, the Brauerei & Gaststätte Greifenklau Lager poured a golden honey. At first I thought grassy, like having a bit of hay in your mouth. It's definitely got hops, but not much in the way of bitterness. They give the grassiness and a slight lemony hint. Underneath this is a pleasent earthiness and while the finish is ok, I didn't really find it thrilling. I guess I was missing the beer garden and wonderful view that Boak and Bailey reported!

2 comments:

Andy Holmes said...

And of course in Bamberg the beer comes straight from the brewery, not from the bottle.

Barry M said...

To be honest, when I have the choice it always seems like my taste usually leans towards the bottled version of a beer, with only a few exceptions. Weird eh? :)

Actually, is it cask or keg in Greifenklau?